In This Issue:
We'd like to congratulate Granny Lou's Bed and Breakfast for being the winner of this month's free site hosting. At the beginning of each month we will call up our own site's homepage. Whomever's site is the featured site when the page loads will get FREE hosting of one domain for one month. It's just our way of saying thank you.
The AARP Fraud Watch Network gives you access to information about how to protect yourself and your family. AARP's Fraud Watch Network links you with experts, law enforcement and people like you who are on the lookout for scams. Check out the latest alerts from state Attorneys General and other local officials, and read what people are reporting in your state. Non-members and members alike can get their Watchdog Alerts, stay up on con artists’ latest tricks, and find out what to do if you’ve been victimized. It’s free for everyone because AARP is committed to safeguarding Americans’ financial futures.
Every year, thousands of Americans are impacted by fraud and scams – but you can beat con artists at their own game by joining the AARP Fraud Watch Network. When you sign up, you'll get:
The latest, breaking scam alerts, delivered right to your inbox
Prevention tips based on thousands of hours of interviews with con artists and law enforcement
Access to resources from our network of experts
Access to a special network of people like you who are sharing their experiences with scams, so you know what to watch out for.
The Fraud Watch Network is free of charge for everyone – members, non-members, and people of all ages. Protect yourself and your family. Join the AARP Fraud Watch Network today!
We covered the importance of getting links INTO your
site (backlinks) a number of times in our newsletters. A new version of
has just been released. OLP is a free backlink analysis tool that enables
you to get a detailed overview of the backlink profile of any Web site. The
new version offers even more great features than the previous version.
What exactly is OpenLinkProfiler.org?
OpenLinkProfiler.org is a link analysis tool that offers FREE access to data for which other companies charge high fees:
You can download 100,000 links per Eeb site for free.
There is no request limit (free account necessary).
It works with any Web site.
You can sort and filter the results to find particular links quickly and easily.
You can get e-mail notifications when new links are discovered.
What's new in OpenLinkProfiler.org?
Although the first version of OpenLinkProfiler.org is just about one and a half month old, the new version offers many improvements:
Many more filters that make it even easier to find particular links.
If requested, the analysis will only show links from unique domains.
As requested by users, the database now stores active backlinks that have been found during the last 90 days.
The link analysis now shows the date on which the linking Web site added the link.
Few other link analysis tool offers that many powerful filters. You can sort the links by link influence score, industry, category, age, nofollow and dofollow, page title, anchor text, top level domain, words in domain, etc. If you haven't done it yet, try OpenLinkProfiler.org now.
Other Ways To Get Back Links
1. Offer reasons to link to your Web site - What makes your company unique? How are you different to your competitors? Do you offer giveaways or competitions? Are there any news or stories about the people in your company? Create Web pages on your site that deal with that content so that other Web sites can link to these pages. Inform bloggers about your competitions or giveaways and let them review your products.
2. Check your business memberships - Are you a member in a business association? Have your company or your products received any awards? What are the governing bodies for your industry? Check if these Web sites link to your site and try to find new business associations that might be related to your business.
3. Leverage your offline relationships - Offline relationship you have with other businesses, people and publications can often be turned into online relationships that include links to your Web site.
4. Write testimonials - If you like the product of a company, send them a testimonial. Chances are the testimonial will be listed on the company Web site along with a link to your site.
5. Check your audience - Which Web sites, forums and networks are used by your customers? These Web sites and forums are the sites from which you should get links.
6. Benefit from sponsorships and social activities - Does your company sponsor any local activities? Do you support relief organizations? If you do, you can get direct links from the organizer of the activity and you can create link-worthy content on your Web site by writing about your activities.
7. Check your existing back links - Analyzing the Web sites that already link to your Web site can help you to get an idea of the link-worthy content on your Web site. You will also learn why other Web sites link to your site. It is very important that your Web site gets as many good back links as possible if you want to get high rankings on Google. Type "link: http://yourdomainname.com" into the Google search block to check who is linked to your site.
Help these folks by visiting their site. All ya'll will remember how hard it is to get those initial "hits" so the search engines notice your site. So take a minute and visit their site.
Fat Salmon Charters - Captain Joe will make your Skagway fishing charter an unforgettable experience. All gear, snacks and beverages are provided.
Jenschke Orchards - Jenschke Orchards in Fredericksburg, Texas has the best tasting peaches in the Texas Hill Country. Peaches are picked when the color is optimal to insure sweet, juicy, mouthwatering, fruit.
Above the Clouds - Peggy Pilkenton as a Registered Nurse and Certified Dementia Practitioner provides lectures, classes, and seminars to families, friends, clergy and health care professionals about someone with dementia.